CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Speech eval P. 2...To Be Continued

The twins' speech evaluation was scheduled for this morning. I took half a day off, my husband took half a day off, I made my list of word the boys are using, I was set.

Then, I got the message from Green Beret this morning that the evaluation had been canceled. I guess the physician who would be evaluating the boys called in sick. Green Beret sounded quite inconvenienced by this change of events ("I think she has young children" she said through what I imagine to be tightly pursed lips. Quite ironic considering she deals with young chidren every day) but I tried to take it as a sign. Maybe the boys' language will explode in another 5 weeks, the soonest they had a 2 hour opening (both boys need a one hour evaluation). They've gone from 1-2 words to almost 10 each in the last 6 weeks or so, so that is encouraging. Granted, most of the words are unintelligible to anyone but myself, but I can tell they are trying.

Part of me is questioning going the state-run, free, early intervention route and not just going through my private insurance, but I'll hang in there. I mean, free is good, so I suppose waiting another month isn't the end of the world.

2 comments:

MommyAmy said...

I will stay tuned. :) What kind of things did they do at their first appointment?

Momlissa said...

Mostly just observed, asked basic questions about their first year, etc. I had already filled out a worksheet with most of the info - illnesses, birthweight, milestones, etc.

This describest the appt =

http://3kidsin2yrs.blogspot.com/2008/12/speech-evaluation-part-i.html