CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Prep & Vinaigrette

So, I'm trying my bestestest to get my act together for my dinner party on Saturday.

I ordered an entree (Chicken marsala and pasta), bread and salad from Macaroni Grill. They even deliver. Sweet.

Am I embaressed that I'm not preparing the meal? Mmmm...sort of, but not really. Honestly, if there was ever a time to play the 3 kids card, this is it.

I just returned from Trader Joe's where I bought some appetizery stuff and dessert, wine and beverages. (Again, a gift card. From Christmas. Came in handy)

I'm making this Flavor Craver shrimp dip that is *to die for* but can't buy the shrimp (fresh) until Friday.

I'm thinking this is coming together, thank goodness. That said, is it wrong that I'm secretly hoping one of the couples' flakes? (don't answer that) The mom is a heavy hitter with Genenetech, regularly travels to Singapore and I haven't heard back from her for a while to confirm that she's coming. She may be in Singapore for all I know. I love her to death, but am seriously wondering how I'm going to handle all these people and manage the kids. Steve tends to lean towards being useless in these situations (prefering to socialize - it's his gift) as much as he promises to be in "charge" of the kids.

Ah, well. There will be 6 kids total (including mine) and 6 adults, so I'm sure chaos will ensue no matter how much planning I put into it.

I'd like to share my current favorite obsession from Trader Joe's. Their fat free soy sesame vinaigrette. It's 1 pt per serving (2TBL) and trust me on this one, DELISH. I am extremely particular about my salad dressing (especially fat free) and you would never now this was fat free unless someone told you. It has that great combo of tangy and sweet that goes so well with most chicken salads. (I've gone out to lunch twice this week and brought a bottle in my purse - You know mommy's on Weight Watchers when she is carrying salad dressing in her purse)

It's also great for marinades. It is always out of stock, so that's usually a good sign. Today, I bought three. :)

Here is a photo. It's currently found in the vegetable area, but used to be next to their tuna (which is also the bomb, by the way) so who knows where they'll move it next.



Photobucket

No comments: