CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday - 1/30/09


1. My heart melts when Sofia says "You Get What You Get and You Don't Get Upset"

2. Tonight, the boys were making a rucus while I was attempting to read Alice in Wonderland to Sofia. I told her to go in and tell them to pipe down. Next thing I know, I hear William wailing at full volume. "Did you hit William?" I asked. "Yes," she said. "I wanted him to listen."

"You don't hit William!" I said.

"Well, I hit David too, " she argued.

3. I am feeling slightly less zen about the job situation. I am beginning to think we need to look at Plan B. I think that if we rent the other house and keep Steve as the day care provider, we might be able to make it on my salary. It would be tight and Steve might have to work at night or something (he is a musician, after all), but attainable.

4. The boys were borderline delightful when I came home tonight. No tantrums, no clinging, no crying and hysterics. Just smiles and laughter and playing. This of course validates my desire to have them home with either Steve or I full time. (Steve watched them today)

5. The house is clean in preparation for our dinner party tomorrow night and it feels so good. It probably won't stay this way much past 10 a.m., but for right now, it is spotless. I did splurge on the cleaning lady today, after over a month's hiatus. There was no way I'd have time or ability to do it myself.

6. Sofia seems very envious of many of her classmates who have newborn siblings. I do wonder what life would have been like had Steve not had a vasectomy and if that decision was a bit too hasty. I can't even believe I am saying that.

7. I lost another 1.6 lbs this week on Weight Watchers! I had a few slip ups, thanks go these being in the house, so was just happy I didn't gain! 6 lbs down, 60 to go!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Gina said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the clean house. Is it sad that I'm more envious of the clean house than the weight loss? :) Your story about Sofia hitting the boys was hysterical. And I am impressed that you can tell the boys to be quiet and they do! My L would never ever do that.