CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Resolution Break #1



Ok, I suck in that I am already breaking one of my new year's resolutions (to spend less money) but on the other hand, this was something I had planned to do months ago...so it sort of doesn't count. (Keep
telling yourself that, MEL)

Disneyland has the free birthday promotion right now, Alaska airlines has kids fly free to Disneyland promotion and we have annual passes, the trifecta of what made this idea affordable enough to become a reality. On the day before my birthday in spring, Sofia and I will fly down to Disneyland (about an hour flight), stay 2 nights and come home Saturday morning (minimizing the time Daddy has to watch the boys as they'll be in daycare.)

Even better, because have AP's, instead of getting into the park free on my birthday, I will get the cost of a ticket ($69) refunded to me as a gift card to use in the park. The only caviat is you can't use it for food, but I suspect one can buy lots of princess-related items for $69.

The fun part is that Sofia's birthday is one week before mine, so this is now her birthday present. (Oh, who am I kidding? This is totally for me!) I admit it, I am a dork. I can't think of a better way to spend my 41st (*gasp*) birthday than in Disneyland with my then-4-year old daughter.

Of course, there is always the chance that I'll be unemployed by then, but I can't live in fear of that. I have decided to just live my life (not getting too crazy, of course) and stop worrying about what I have little control over.

No comments: