CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Holy Hannah!


So I'm feeling all proud of myself for getting out and walking at least half of the week. We live down the street from the blufftop coastside trail in our city and the weather has been cooperating, so it's been a win win. Sofia has even accepted that I am going on an exercise walk without her, as long as I leave her Beethoven movie playing while I'm gone (Steve is usually lollygagging in bed during this time.)

So, this morning, I'm having a great walk and cut through the bluff to get to the coastside trail. A few weeks ago, some friends and I saw a snake on the trail which scared the bejeezus out of one of them, but didn't phase me much. I'm deathly afraid of snails, but snakes, notsomuch.

In the distance, I see a wheat colored cat. Now, I'm near sighted, so I sensed that it looked a little big for a cat, but not too big. It looked like it didn't quite know where to go, then disappeared into the brush. I remember thinking "Geez, it's a good thing we don't have to worry about mountain lions out here..." and quickened my step as I cut through the bluff. I did get a weird feeling, but shook it off.

And then, a friend sent me this...the street in question is a few blocks from ME:


MY CITY HERE – A possible mountain lion sighting was reported Wednesday afternoon near the Coastside Trail in My City, police said.

Police were notified of the sighting at the west end of XYAZ Street around 12:30 p.m. and called in the California Department of Fish and Game.

A search was conducted but the mountain lion was not located, police said.

Fish and Game officials urge anyone confronted by a mountain lion to face the animal, make noise and try to appear larger. They also advise throwing objects at the animal and fighting back in the event of an attack.

Mountain lions are most active at dawn, dusk and at night. However, Fish and Game officials point out that the animals are “solitary and elusive” creatures and tend to avoid humans.

***

Of course, all I'm thinking about is how this is going to affect my new workout regimen...


Photobucket





3 comments:

Pam said...

I love this part

"and try to appear larger"

I spend so much of my life NOT trying to appear larger that I am not sure even the threat of death by mutilation could cause me to try and do it! LOL

What about pepper spray?

Momlissa said...

yeah, or I could just get a treadmill. lol

MommyAmy said...

Holy crap!