CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just to Be Cheeky

Ok, so trying to think clearly.

Bottom line, my husband may be our daycare provider for the time being. I may have to cut my daughter's pre-school to one day of pre-school per week. Cleaning lady is histoire. I am canceling my hair appt for Monday (even though it kills me). I'll just have to look all skanky with my dark roots or so it myself. My husband has hundreds of classic records that he can sell on Ebay. We need to have a huge garage sale and possibly sell our second tv.

The big issue is our other house. We were just about to put it on the market for rent and now I'm thinking it is sort of serendipitous that we haven't put it on the market as of yet.

I am thinking we'll give it a month, but if it is not looking encouraging for Steve to find a new job soon, we may have to move back. Not to put the cart ahead of the horse, but my mind is just buzzing with ways to save money/make money right now.


******

I forgot to mention something funny and I'm all about the funny right now.

Yesterday, when talking to Green Beret, she asked me if I could try and have the boys dressed differently for their February appointment. I had to laugh as she clearly didn't make a note of their physical appearance when taking her copious notes.

Also, I can count on a few fingers how many times I've ever dressed them alike. It has never felt right to me for some reason. I'll do the same shirt in different color thing, but that's as far as I go.

I am thinking of dressing them alike for the appointment, just to be cheeky.

6 comments:

MommyAmy said...

So if you move back to your old house what would you do with your "new" house?

I almost never dress the girls alike either. I often dress them in coordinating outfits, but rarely the same. We did get one set of matching outfits as a Christmas present though.... wish people wouldn't do that!

Momlissa said...

Oh yea, we're renting, but renting from my boss and she would let us break the lease if necessary.

Jen said...

I like my boys' matching outfits, or the same thing in different colors, but I only get them as gifts from my MIL. And they normally soil their clothes too rapidly for matching outfits to last long.

You have some good strategies. I sold a ton of things on craigslist this fall and that went well. I may have to start doing that again. Definitely check into WIC to help with groceries -- it helps a lot once you see how much all those basic foods add up.

Cynthia said...

Oh Man, I feel for you. We are a one income family right now. My husband is the primary caretaker of our children. It was a hard adjustment but we're doing it. It's amazing what you can do without when it comes down to it. The important thing is having each other. The rest will fall into place. Hang in there!

Pam said...

Green Beret must be blind. She clearly didn't remember W&D. Also look into Angel Food (http://www.angelfoodministries.com/) I have heard the food is really good. I have yet to try it, but need to. There is a church nearby who is a distribution center. This would help with the grocery budget. Also, I can point you to some blogs that match up sales with coupons. I got tons of groceries yesterday for $20.

Stacy said...

Love all the pics!

I'm so sorry Steve got laid off. {{hugs}}

Glad the boys are progressing with their words.