CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Hope

I am feeling very hopeful. I'm scared, because I think we as a nation have only begun to scratch the surface of the abysmal economic problems we are looking at. That's not likely to change in the next 24 hrs, so I'm choosing to look forward and live in this most exciting and historic moment in our lifetime.

I got into it with a friend of mine who came over today. I don't typically debate friends on political issues (my husband yes, friends, no) but she was being kind of a hard ass about her views, so I really had no choice.

I never knew she was a conservative!! One of the benefits of being married to a conservative is having a finely tuned argument, polished and ready to go at the drop of a hat. In the end, she said I was picking on her, merely because I as calling her on some misinformation she was spouting. Don't get me wrong, I'm more moderate than progressive, but part of me was enjoying playing devil's advocate because I felt she was spewing a bunch of stuff that was blatantly untrue and very sure of herself. My husband was just laughing to himself. I don't think he's used to having someone in his corner.

But enough of all of that. I love this picture of William...

2 comments:

MommyAmy said...

That IS a great picture of William. :)

Cynthia said...

My husband and I are on different ends of the political spectrum as well. And we can have good, healthy debates. (not fights) But for some reason, I can't talk politics with anyone else - I either take offense or end up offending. But lately, as you said, I've just HAD to speak up because what I was hearing forced me to! Unfortunately, I got into it with my father-in-law. And my husband defended ME. I almost died!