CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2008 in a nutshell

I saw this on Cynthia's blog and thought it was sort of cool. I realize it's 6 days late and a dollar short, but here goes.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Hired a cleaning lady. ;-)

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Alas, no. I made the resolution to spend less money and not to buy any trashy celebrity magazines if either Britney/Angelina Jolie were on the cover. In the end, I spent money like a drunken sailor but the magazine resolution lasted a good 6 months.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my best friend, my former best friend, my sister in law and my sister in law's sister.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My great uncle.

5. What countries did you visit?
None. Unless Disneyland is considered a country.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
PATIENCE.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 27th, the day I bought my 46 inch flat screen tv.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally moving out of our house into a bigger house.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Sticking to a budget and losing my patience.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the usual sinus infections, asthma, etc. Oh yes, and a fractured foot.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My 46 inch flat screen TV.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmmm...no one off the top of my head.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
More often than not, my 3 year old girl. Oh, the drama!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Daycare, groceries, my 46 inch flat screen tv.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to visit my BFF in Austin, going to Disneyland, Sofia having her own bedroom, my 46 inch flat screen tv.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
The song that begins with "It's Britney, Bitch."

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? poorer
Oh boy, I sound like a hot mess!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spending more time with my kids.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying, spending money.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family, taking care of sick kids.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes...with my 46 inch flat screen tv.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office, Lost, 30 Rock, Mad Men.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Well, now that you mention it, Ann Coulter is definitely getting on my nerves at the moment.

24. What was the best book you read?
I haven't been able to finish any one book this year...because I was too busy watching tv.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Amy Winehouse, but that was probably more 2007. Adele.

26. What did you want and get?
My 46 inch flat screen TV.

27. What did you want and not get?
To sell our house and buy a bigger house. The real estate market had other plans.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Sex in the City was good.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
40th birthday. Had a mini party at a local bar with family/friends and watched a Van Halen cover band.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my father was alive to watch my kids grow.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Seriously? I am almost 2 years post partum and I still wear some maternity tops. That is my personal fashion concept.

32. What kept you sane?
Working outside the home.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jon Cusack. Yummmmmmmm. That twilight kid is cute, but that officially makes me a cougar to say that.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Not one particular issue, but I did love the election and all the dicussions it brought forth.

35. Who did you miss?
My dad.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
A woman who lives on my street with 4 kids 4 and under.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Trust your instincts. Time and time again, I have learned that the mommy instinct will never steer you in the wrong direction.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Mama said they'll be days like this..."

3 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

Omigosh, can I just tell you I loved the returning meme rhythm (and joy) of the 46" flat screen plasma?

Here's hoping things look up in 2009, and if not, at least you can look at the 46" flat screen plasma! :)

Fun meme, and thanks for the giggles!

Cynthia said...

Love it! Especially the part about that Twilight kid - LOL! Enjoy your TV :-)

Stacy said...

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been meaning to come check out your blog for some time now. I've come to really enjoy blogging.