CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Rules



So yeah. Not to get all Supernanny on you, but we've instituted some new rules and posted them for all to see. It makes perfect sense. In my single days, I was a "rules" girl and now, a mom of three and feeling the need for some semblance of law and order in my household, I've returned to "the rules."

In order for them to be effective, I have to apply these rules to everyone, including the boys. Consequence for breaking a rule is a time out. (I don't really believe in time outs under 2, but if the boys actions are really egregious, they will get a calm down time in their crib equal to one minute, just to show Sofia that I mean business and these rules are not to be broken.)

I'll have to get back to you on how they're working out.

I particularly like the "if it's on the floor, it gets thrown away" rule. Talk about killing two birds with one stone!!

2 comments:

Pam said...

PLEASE keep me updated on how this goes. I really like them.

Viv said...

"If it is on the floor it is trash," we had that rule. Until my eldest figured out that I might throw away a few socks to make a point, but that soon I would have to stop or they would go to school naked. He called me on it with a brand new pair of jeans, I couldn't make myself throw them away. Word then spread like wildfire through the siblings. *sigh*