CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Inmates and Baby Gates

So, it's been a long weekend. The inmates are running the asylum and I'm perilously close to calling and volunteering for Supernanny.

Yesterday afternoon, when I *thought* Sofia was napping, she was rifling through some old bags of mine and found herself a stash of orange flavored bubble gum. The best part is that she sauntered nonchalantly out of her room, huge wad of gum in her mouth and reeking of navel oranges - as if smelling like a Starburst was a perfectly natural state of being and completely undetectable.

The saga continued this afternoon as I came into her room to find her with another wad of gum in her hand. She had somehow stashed a secret supply of gum when I'd removed the offensive gum on Saturday. Aside from the fact that she had MORE gum, I was mostly concerned at her sneakiness.

Yesterday, Sofia referred to Steve and I as "You two." Yes, she did. My 3 year old daughter.

William did finally figure out how to catapult himself out of his crib. He did it right in front of me and landed hard on his backside. He seemed quite upset and shocked by the whole thing, so I'm not sure that he'll be doing it again soon. Time will tell.

I installed a baby gate to separate the kitchen and family room from the bedrooms. The new rule is no food or drink beyond the gate and no playing with the gate. Of course, everyone is obsessed with the gate - mostly opening and closing it. They cry and whine while on either side of the gate, let you open it for them and then insist on closing it again, crying and whining, etc. continuing the cycle. At this point, I feel like taking the gate and driving the minivan over it.

But tomorrow is Monday and time to start anew.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have had 3 kids for less than a week now and wondering how anybody does it without becoming an alcoholic. I guess it's a good thing I'm breastfeeding because otherwise I'd be having some serious drinkage every night. And perhaps morning, too.

Momlissa said...

Well, I do like my glass of wine at night, not going to lie. ;)