CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cautiously Hopeful for 2009

So, it's time to reflect on the year.

To begin with, 2006-2007 sucked so mightily, that 2008 could only be an improvement. Between my dad's unexpected death, an unexpected twin pregnancy (the twin part, not the pregnancy part), my own hospitalization with pleurisy and pneumonia, David's hospitalization, William's first hospitalization, William's second hospitalization and health scare, etctera and so on - I was beyond ready to start fresh for 2008.

My family were plagued by the sickies of every sort in 2008, but that is to be expected when one has 3 small children, so can't really whine about that too much.

Overall, it was a good year. I spent much of it packing up most of our belongings to prepare our house for sale, only to watch the real estate market tank, causing us to stay in our mini house and ultimately rent a larger house with plans to lease our house.

It's 3 months later, I'm still not unpacked (doubt I ever will be), we have yet to rent out our mini house (our own fault, dragging our feet on getting it ready) and am now looking at the worst real estate market in 25 years for the Bay Area. My husband has already taken a pay cut and if I'm lucky, a pay cut is the worst thing that I will experience in 2009.

That said, I truly believe that whatever is meant to be is going to happen and I'm positive that it will all work out for the best in the end. Still, I've been with my company since day one, I was their first full time employee. I've seen this company and these people through so many life experiences; numerous relationships and break ups, 4 different residences, my engagement/wedding/pregnancies/motherhood and I don't want to see what everyone has worked so hard to build over the last 13 years crumble. I am honest though, I have little control over the situation.

I'm not a big pray-er, but tonight, I will be saying a little prayer for things to turn in a positive direction for everyone in 2009.

Resolutions? I have many. More patience. Lose weight. Live in the moment. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful New Year's Eve and lots of health and happiness in 2009.

Seeya next year!

3 comments:

BagMomma said...

Happy New Year Melissa!

I've got my free registration pass for Weight Watchers on Monday. I'll be there with the other million people in line, hoping to lose the weight for the 100th time. :-)

Momlissa said...

Oh you know I'll be there too! Maybe not in person, but definitely online. We can do it together, cyber-ly!

Kelly said...

Melissa, Best wishes to you and your family in 2009..

Kelly (aka Sept02bride from O/S)