CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Note to Self

Ok. Note to self. Always ask 3 yr old if she needs to use the potty before getting in the check out line at the grocery store.

For some reason that escapes me, there were only 2 checkers open, each with a line of 10 people. As we finally reached the conveyer belt and I began to load my groceries, Sofia announced "I HAVE TO GO POTTY!" A few of the people surrounding us giggled.

"Do you think you can hold it, sweetie
?" I asked.

She shook her head violently, so I knew the clock was ticking.

I made the whole day of the people behind us by taking us out of the line (full cart and all) and scurrying to the back of the store where I fortunately knew was the location of the one, pretty skanky, public bathroom.

After we returned to the line, I ran into a woman I'd attended a playgroup with. She was with her one little boy, same age as my twins. We exchanged pleasantries and talked about the holiday social that we're both attending tomorrow for our mother's club. The whole time we talked, I was wishing I could remember her name. She's extremely cool, a filmaker, I believe, who relocated here from L.A.

As I checked out & paid, I could not help but notice her items on the conveyer belt; wine, rum, cookies, bananas and bread.

Yeah, I remember (vaguely) what it was like to have one kid.

No comments: