CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Is It Time to Go Back To Work Yet?

Oh, what a joyous holiday its been.

My hands are raw from opening copious amounts of reinforced plastic toy packaging and washing the stench of vomit from my dry, cracked skin.

I have no voice. Literally. I have attempted to yell at the kids, only to hear a dry squeak emit from my vocal chords. At one point, Sofia turned to me and said "Ma...I can't understand you!"

Steve has been violently ill since Christmas Eve and not able to help me as he has had to stay close to the toilet.

Sofia was fine, but probably spread lots of Christmas joy when she vomited in the middle of all 9 cousins opening presents on Christmas Eve. I have to hand it to my sister in law, mother of 3 that she is. She plucked Sofia out of the insanity, mid vomit, like a cat grabbing its kitten by the scruff of its neck. Before anyone even noticed that an episode had taken place, she had Sofia in the bathroom, her head in the toilet. It was amazing to see.

We're not sure if the vomit was from the bug we have all had (most probable) or the approximately 10 Christmas cookies she helped herself to, as well as fried mozarella, fried won ton, potato chips, etc. She commented that there were "sparkles in the toilet" from the upchucked cookies.

I don't even have the mental fortitude to get into details (there are many) or upload individual photos as my head is currently in a 12-hour-Sudafed-induced fog. So, for now, I will just post my the link to my shutterfly shared photo site.

Behold, the 3 days of Christmas...

No comments: