CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday sucks

Not sure if it's the weaning off Zoloft or what, but am incredibly down today.

Started the day very concerned about David's breathing. Once again, my 5 a.m. visitor came in bed with me and was chatting loudly, so woke the boys. She was telling me in great detail how she saw a shadow but realized it was only her doll highchair, so wasn't scared, that it hadn't "talked" to her as the other shadow had.

At 6 a.m, I got up and got ready for work, vascilating the whole time between staying home and going in. The boys woke around 6:30 a.m. and I immediately took David for his first nebulizer treatment of the day, with him crying and fighting me the whole way. He seemed ok after that, so I decided to go in to work. I had already taken Friday off and with all that is going on in our company, I didn't want to appear as if I just don't care anymore.

It was tough, though. He cried hysterically as I left and I could hear him crying as I got in the car. William, on the other hand, waved goodbye to me from the window. My heart literally broke in half and spilled out on the street as I drove away. Every mom muscle inside me wanted to turn that car around. But I can't. It's a total catch 22. We need good health insurance. For us to have good health insurance, I have to work 30 hours a week. I am lucky that I am given the opportunity to work 30 hours a week and have family to watch the kids, I keep reminding myself of that in moments like this. That said, I cried all the way to work.

As soon as I get to work, my boss tells me we need to meet after the sales meeting. I get this sick feeling in my tummy. During our meeting, I'm informed that we need to cut staff hours, so that means reception will be cut to 4 hours a day. I'm concerned how they will take this news and of course, how this will affect me. I barely want to be here anymore as it is and the way it's looking, I may be required to be a little more flexible with my schedule, required to take on more work, when at times, this is the last place I want to be.

Again, glad to have a job, but at some point very soon, I think I may need to look at all my options for this next year. I feel like I am missing so much with the boys. I feel like David needs me. I'm beyond torn up about this. There has got to be a way I can stay home and still have insurance. I just have to figure it all out. I could join Steve's insurance (Kaiser) but that makes me very nervous. Still, it's an option.

Then again, I'd be giving up contributing to my 401K - which is part of my future solvency. Brutally honest, Steve is 48 years old and there will be a time (hopefully not for many, many, many, decades) that I may be alone with 3 kids. I hate to think like that, but I am a pragmatist.

Oh joy, what a wonderful day.

No comments: