CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Coughs, Day 2

So, the frog in my chest has turned into a dragon and my daughter and husband officially sound like they are going to cough up a lung. They have, as Sofia says "The coughs."

Understandably, Sofia begged me not to go to work today, as did the brothers, although their plea was a bit more primitive. I did try to explain that "Mommy has to go to work to buy you princess things and chocolate pudding & gogurt..." but her eyes just glazed over at that. Thankfully, the prospect of wearing her new rainboots was enough of a distraction to get her out the door without a Grade A meltdown.

I just braved Toys'R'Us, 2 days before my Christmas (something akin to the 7th Circle of Hell) because the doll furniture I got online for Sofia's dollhouse is entirely too big. I have to send it back, leaving the dollhouse, well, unfurnished.

I briefly considered making her earn the furniture & accessories via the sticker chart system, but the thought of giving her an empty dollhouse seemed sort of cruel. Besides, the sticker chart isn't quite as effective anymore.

The other day, she said "I don't want a sticker!" (she even turned down chocolate, leaving me with a hopelessly empty bribery arsenal, which is profoundly frightening as I head into a week of her being home.)

God give me strength.

No comments: