CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Overnighter

I'll preface this post by saying Sofia has 5 male cousins, ages 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 and one female cousin, age 2.5.

On the way in to work this morning, I asked her if she wanted to go visit her cousins Aiden and Delaney for their birthday and she said (quite emphatically) "Delaney is not my cousin! She's a girl!!!"

I can't argue with that logic, but I did tenderly set her straight on what a cousin is.

So we're off to visit the cousins (they live 2.5 hours away) for an overnight trip. The cousins (age 2.5 and 4) both have December birthdays, so a joint celebration has been the standard. We're spending the night at the brother in law's house, a palatial spread (I exaggerate, but not by much - 2800 sq feet on an acre with a guest house.) Unfortunately, it's too cold for us to sleep in the guest house (pellet stove - toddlers - not a good mix) but a good time is always had by all when the cousins get together. (Have I mentioned how freakin' cold it is here? I know, Californians are wimps.)

Of course, the amount of gear that I have to bring for an overnight stay is borderline absurd, but that is just the way it is. Pack and play, blankets, bottles, binkies, PJ's, medicines, presents, I could go on.

We'll be back Thursday evening at which time I'm quite sure I'll have lots of amazing photos to share as my new camera that I totally had no business buying arrived Monday.

If we're lucky, we may even see snow!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Seriously, packing for an overnight is almost not worth it at this point!