CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Smells Like Bad Cheese in Here

Steve and I had an enjoyable date night on Thursday. We really should do that more often.

4 Christmases was pretty funny - Vaughn and Witherspoon were great. It was short too, perfect! I really want to see Milk, but it hadn't started yet and Steve is not the person I'd ideally like to see it with as he despises Sean Penn (political). I have a lot of nostalgia (for lack of a better term) surrounding the whole Milk thing as I remember all of it growing up in San Francisco in the 70's. I remember the day it happened. I was probably in 5th grade and I will never forget the look of horror on the teacher's faces as word spread that Milk had been shot. That day, the day of the Jonestown massacre and the day Elvis died are seared into my memory for some reason. In college, I watched an excellent documentary on Milk - the professor was friends with the director - I will definitely be going to see that one on the big screen.

So, William was pukemeister Dubbya today. He's not vomited since he used to projectile spit-up as a baby, so was freaked out every time. I've been really lucky with the puke scene, haven't had a whole lot of that with my kids. I think Sofia has thrown up maybe 3 times in her 3 years. In any case, I can't seem to get the smell of bad cheese off of me, despite having showered. Ewwwwwwww. You know your a mom when you smell like bad cheese.

Just got through decorating probably the saddest looking Gingerbread house I've ever seen, with the help of Sofia. Really, it is a pathetic mess. Decorative icing? Not my forte. Clearly. Once I have a working camera, I will share my masterpiece.

Most of my presents are wrapped, thank god. I still have to put together the dollhouse for Sofia and push buggies for the boys as I want them assembled and waiting for the kids when they wake Christmas morning.

1 comment:

Heather & Chaos said...

LOVE those push buggies.I got the pink ones for the girls for their first birthday. LIFE SAVER!!!