CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Burgermeister, Go Away!

So the decision has been made. Jobs are going to be cut. Just like that, poof! Full time employees will be given the news that none of them suspect is coming.

They are holding off until after the holidays, bless their hearts.

This is major. My company has never had to lay off people. It has me concerned for the people who have yet to receive their pink slips, for my own job security, for my company's solvency, for the country.

I'm told I'm safe, for now. I'm trying to keep my head up high and just take it one day at a time, but I have sharpened up my resume...just in case.

To say it's cast a pall over the holidays this year would be an understatement. I know, get on board, the train 'done left' the station a while ago.

I'm trying not to let that pesky Burgermeister in, but he just keeps pushing!

No comments: