CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Not No Way, Not No How

So apparently, the prospect of strawberry milkshake for breakfast was enough to keep the Fee Fi Fo Monster at bay...for now.

Ok, so I had an epiphany.

Since I had the boys, after the bout with pneumonia when I lost 30 lbs in a few weeks, I have gained about 40 lbs. I could not afford to gain 40 lbs - not no way, not no how - and I'm currently larger than I have ever been.

It's really affecting me, in every way imaginable, from getting breathless to being tired to clothes not fitting to feeling bloated. I could go on. I don't like to shop at Lane Bryant. I used to shop at Ann Taylor and the Gap and all the fun stores. With few exceptions, most of the plus size clothes are just hideous. I hate getting dressed in the morning. I don't recognize my reflection. I've stopped even trying to suck in my perma-twin-skin.

Honestly, I really didn't drastically change my eating habits. I am definitely more sedentary now, but not any more than when I was pregnant with the twins and even then, I gained 25 lbs over time. So, it finally clicked that it might be the Zoloft. Bingo. I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me before? I've taken other SSRI's with the same result (though not this much). It all makes sense as I started on 50 mg when I had the boys and it was only when I increased it to 100 mg late last year that I saw my weight start to balloon.

Long story short, I am now in the process of attempting to wean off of it. It's a slow process, cutting the dose in half, then a quarter, etc.

I just can't live a day longer feeling this way, not no way, not no how! I'm nervous about the med change, but I think it's time to move on and shed the darkness of 2007 like an old, shriveled skin.

(Despite my $hit talking about Lane Bryant, I did visit their local store today and picked up a few things. Imagine my surprise when I saw this banner ad on Facebook, featuring one of the blouses I picked up!)

3 comments:

Rose said...

There is nothing like gaining weight and not feeling like you can do anything about it (especially post partum!)

Hang in there, I hope the zoloft is the simple solution. And an acupuncturist can help, remember that!

(An o/s lurker)

BagMomma said...

oh crap, I just realized your feed from momlissa.com isn't working! Here I thought you hadn't posted in two weeks.

Did you change your url?

Momlissa said...

www.3kidsin2yrs.blogspot.com

Didn't change it, but messed it up and so it's back to the original