CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Where is my Sweet Little Girl?

Still going through a rough patch with Sofia. She is just defiant to the 1500th power. Everything is "No!" and she is just one big, walking attitude. At 3!! She continues to be extremely bossy and overbearing with the boys, no matter what I do. I've tried positive reinforcement, time outs, sticker charts for good behavior, giving the victim of her bullying the attention, you name it, we've tried it, nothing seems to curb her fierce rivalry and independent streak.

I have spent the past week with her (every day) and I can't remember the last time I did that and while I hate to admit it, there are times right now when I really don't like to be around her that much. To make things worse, she is now telling me she doesn't like my hair up, only down and then telling me what she wants me to wear, like a little diva.

Now, she is going around saying her foot hurts, that it's swollen, that she needs a boot like mine, only in pink. Yesterday, she wanted to go for a bike ride and I said Daddy would take her because of my foot. She then proceeded to insist that we could drive to the path and that I could wear my "black thing" and I'd be fine.

Honestly, I shudder to think what she'll be like at 5, let alone 13.

No comments: