CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The County Line



I would just like to give a plug to The County Line- an amazing BBQ place in Austin, Texas. You can sit outside if you like and it could have not been more gorgeous, nestled along Lake Austin. Sofia even got to feed turtles who greedily swim right up to the shore. There was live music and the BBQ was borderline amazing. When my dinner companion's meal came, I joked that it looked like half a dinosaur, a la Fred Flintstone. Just like everything else in Texas, the portions here were hearty.

Some other things about Texas? Huge street signs. The writing is pumped up to the massive font, unlike anywhere I've ever been. (which is great for us nearsighted folks) When you go out and order a large soda, it's the size of a pitcher. People are not kidding when they say everything is bigger in Texas.

1 comment:

NikkiT said...

I WISH I would have known you were here!!! B and I could have met you. Do come again, now ya here, lol!!!