CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My "Day Off"

Today is my "day off." Obviously a joke because my days at work are actually my "days off," days here with the boys are long and busy.

The house is an absolute nightmare. The washing machine isn't working. I haven't had my proper intake of coffee yet.

So my brother, sister in law and 3 nephews are coming for dinner tonight in celebration of brother's 42nd bday. (I never had any appreciation for the fact that bro and I are 18 months apart until the past few years, that's for sure). My nephews are 11, 8 and 5 and they are like a tornado of energy, noise and chaos. They've mellowed slightly in their inreasing age, but still.

I just realized I have no soda in the house. Capri suns & water will have to do.

I'm making enchiladas, guacamole, the whole easy Mexican thing. I went to Costco the other night and got a garbage bag sized bag of tortilla chips, the box of shredded beef, mongo cheese. In lieu of a cake, I bought a frozen apple pie that I have to bake at some point. I realize apple pie and Mexican don't really jive, but they were on sale and they are pretty delicious.

My head is in a fog, time to go have some more coffee and get my $hit together. There are rooms to be cleaned, beds to be made, floors to be swept/mopped/vaccumed, toys to be picked up, toilets to be cleaned, clothes to be put away, things to be organized for Halloween.

No comments: