CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Visit to the Pumpkin Patch

We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday. I was quite happily surprised to see someone I hadn't seen since Sofia was a toddler. We were in playgroup together for a few months, right before my dad passed away and then I got pregnant with the twins and everything just kind of went to hell. I was still so excited to run into her that I almost didn't notice the next woman come driving by waving, someone who'd been in the same playgroup with us. I do see her from time to time (she has twins) but still was shaking my head at the coincidence.

Imagine my surprise when I entered the pumpkin patch to see a huge banner welcoming my local mother's club gathering. Yeahhhh, it was the day my mom's club went to the pumpkin patch. If I checked that email account once in a while, I would have known that. As it was, there were way too many people for 10 a.m. and I am not much for crowds. They had a play area with jumpies, etc. and that occupied the kids for a bit, but after that, it was getting hot, dusty and crowded, so we called it a day.

When we returned home, we ran into our neighbor, "J" - the mayor of "XYZ" street. He was wearing overalls (a scarecrow costume) on his way to work as a docent at a local lighthouse, and it called for a photo. I have to admit, it's kind of cool to live next door to someone who is a docent at a lighthouse. And yea, this was one of probably 3 times I have ever dressed the boys alike. And oh yeah, Sofia begged for that lollypop and acted like it was crack. I had to practically surgically remove it from her hands...

No comments: