CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our First Pumpkin Festival



So today we took on the crowds of the Half Moon Bay Art & Pumpkin Festival.This is a big, big deal for the community and people flood in to our small, eclectic coastal enclave from all parts of the Bay Area to soak up some ocean air and all sorts of pumpkin inspired food, music, art, you name it. People drive 3 hours in bumper to bumper traffic to get "over the hill" that normally takes 15 minutes from the peninsula. It's a great event for the community and I was excited to go, although I had been warned that "they pack 'em in like sardines"

We decided we'd get an early start. I had intended to leave at 8, of course, we left at 10 a.m. We had to park and walk a pretty long way, but the kids were troopers (thanks to a diaper bag full of graham crackers). It was good practice for Disneyland, I think. In fact, this was probably way more crowded than DL will be. (yeah, keep telling yourself that, right?)

2 hours later, after making a candle with Sofia, letting her play in the kid area, listening to some music and having some pumpkin cookies, it was starting to become unmanageably crowded, so we headed out. I'm glad we went early, that's all I can say. There were many booths I wanted to investigate further, but with an anxious man waiting for you, it kind of loses the fun factor.

At certain moments, I watched the freewheeling, single-type women (hair perfect, stylish clothes) walking around with Mimosas and wine at 11 a.m. and remember when that used to be part of my Festival Repertoire. Alas, no longer. I was lucky I looked presentable, let alone stylish. If I had a Mimosa, I'd be useless for the rest of the day and unable to perform my Super Mom Resonsibilities. But boy, I sure was tempted to get one.

No comments: