CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Under the Radar



I keep forgetting it's Valentine's Day. Honestly, it's so not on my radar, I can't even begin to tell you. When I think back on previous Valentine's days with former boyfriends and all that went with it - excitement, anticipation, expectation, feeling sexy, loved and wanted (or not, as the case may be) - it all seems so profoundly trivial compared to the deep love I now have in my life.

Last night, I was enjoying a glass of wine and trying to *not* think about our living situation and the decisions that need to happen in the next few days, without much success, I might add.

Sofia had found some loose, sticky tape-like material on the ground, something that came with an item I'd purchased at Ikea. I spent the next half hour watching her play with that sticky material. Steve and I were talking about the sorts of things that husbands and wives do and under the radar, Sofia was flitting around, pretending to be some sort of fashion stylist. She had a whole dialogue going that I wish I could recreate right now. First, she fashioned a headband for herself out of the tape, then came up and "measured" my head, ever so carefully, muttering "Seven. Definitely a seven."

Before I knew what had happened, she had wrapped the tape repeatedly around my wrist, creating a lovely bracelet for me. She beamed with pride as I oohed and awed over my new trinket. If I was a better Blogista, I would have taken a photo of my Valentine's bracelet, but alas, you'll have to take my word on this one.

It was in that moment that I found some clarity. Looking at her beautiful little face as she uttered loving gibberish to me, my soul nearly exploded with adoration for this amazing little person. Forget Sees candies, diamonds, roses or some expensive night out on the town. That was it for me.

Happy Valentine's Day to You & Yours, From Mine and Ours...

Photobucket

1 comment:

Gina said...

Cutest. Post. Ever. Happy Valentine's Day!