CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Negotiations Suck

Ok, so it's been a wild ride the past few days.

Our little house went on the market for rent on Tuesday. Immediately, there was a slew of interest. We had a lovely prospective tenant all set to sign the papers today. A Nurse. Excellent credit score. Wanted it bad. Perfect, right?

She was told yesterday (by my boss/agent) that we wanted a 6 month lease.

Today, she tried to negotiate a 9 month lease. That would be fine were it not for the fact that my boss is telling me she is 90% sure she *needs* to sell *this* house come September 1st.

It's like being punched in the gut. Honestly. I feel like we just got settled here and now, the rug is being pulled out from under us. I'm sort of angry at my boss, but at the same time, I know her financial situation is shaky and she really may have to sell.

Due to this new development, we really *have* to have a 6 month lease because we may need a place to live come September 1st. My husband does not have a job and my job is certainly not secure. Who knows what our situation will be September 1st.

The woman would not sign a 6 month lease, so we let her walk.

Please, GOD, don't let this be a huge mistake. I think I am going to throw up from nerves. I do. I hate this. HATE it.

***

On a lighter note, I hosted playgroup for the boys this morning. There were about 5 people and it was just lovely. Great group of ladies. Of course, this is upsetting me even more because I think about how I don't want to get attached to this house or these ladies or this area.

On one hand, I know we should be happy we have a house to move back to if need be, in probably one of the most desirable areas in California - good school district, great weather, usually plentiful jobs, etc. It's just about 600 sq ft smaller than what most people would require for a family of 5. We could move back. The 3 kids could share a room. It could work. It would be tough, but it could work.

It may have to.

Have I mentioned how much I feel like I'm going to throw up?

Photobucket

1 comment:

MommyAmy said...

Ugh... that's got to be so tough.

It sounds to me like you did the right thing by letting that one tenant walk. The good news is the rental market is very strong, I'm sure you'll get a great tenant really soon.