CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Let's Look at The Bright Side, Ok?




Ok, I am going to take a note from my friend Jen and try to turn this frown upside down by looking at the bright side of things.

1. David said "My shoe" today. This is huge, using 2 words together.

2. While my company is doing more layoffs this week, I haven't heard anything about our office. *fingers crossed* Being the assistant to the head HR person for the company puts me enviable/horrible the position of hearing all the things that I should not hear with regards to this stuff. I assume I'll know in advance if something is brewing with my position, but you can never tell.

3. Someone from playgroup complimented me on my photography today. This was a person who definitely had an artsy vibe, so that made me feel good.

4. I seem to be making more friends here. I am going to keep this as a positive because even if we do move back, it's only 20 minutes away and new friends are always welcome.

5. The boys seemed to thrive on playing with a bunch of boys in their age group. I always feel they got the shit end of the stick in this regard, but today I am feeling good.

6. I have lots of things to look forward to in the coming months. The boys' birthday, Sofia's birthday, a trip to Disneyland and a trip to Austin to visit my best friend in the whole world. You can slap me now. I shouldn't even be complaining about anything!

7. No one is sick this week.

8. The rain has stopped and the weather is glorious again.

9. I've written more in the last 6 months than I have in the last 5 years and that is so therapeutic for me.

10. We are going to Costco this afternoon with the boys. I love Costco and can't wait to get there.

11. I'm continuing to lose weight, although the rate has slowed a bit due to my high stress level and those damn Rold Gold Cheese pretzels that somehow keep managing to end up in my cart every time I go to Target!

Ok, I think 11 things is enough to turn this frown upside down. Onward and upward!

P.S. It may be temporary, but *this* is where I live right now. It doesn't get much better than this.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Jen said...

That view is gorgeous! Soak it in.

So, Costco with the boys? And you look forward to this? I need to hear more. What did you end up getting?

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh I loved all your good news...temporary, schmemporary...enjoy each minute of it all as you can! :)

AWESOME on the two-words stringing too! :)

Gina said...

TWO WORDS!!! Yahoo!! That is the beginning of the language explosion...mark my words!! (No pun intended.)