CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Little Pink Riding Hood Cries Wolf?

12 p.m., a call from Sofia's pre-school. The call I was hoping might come, but praying would not.

Apparently, my daughter (who by the way, refuses to only wear dresses nowadays and god love her, I wish I had a photo of the get-up she had on this morning) is running a fever and her ear hurts. She has been telling me her ear hurts for a few days, but based on her pointing to her earlobe when I ask her where it hurts - then goes on about a bug in her ear and a potential doctor visit involving stickers, I have not taken her seriously.

Her teacher sounded concerned. I began to explain that Sofia's brothers have ear infections, she wants to have one too, yada yada, but she didn't seem too interested in any of that. I was instructed to pick her up as soon as possible.

Fast forward a few hours and yet another doctor visit later - Sofia did not have a fever and does not have an ear infection. *sigh* I'm glad to hear that she doesn't, but it's so hard to tell if she is crying wolf and I'd hate her to really be in pain as I know how excruciating that particular pain can be.

Ah, well. Just another day in the life of a mom to three in the heart of cold and flu season.

Tonight is Lost, so all is good in the world.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Gina said...

HUH? I am a little confused. Why did the school say she had a fever if she obviously did not? Ugh. Hang in there.

Momlissa said...

I think she did (she did last night) but when she got to the doctor's, it must have gone away? As I was driving her to school, she kept saying "I have a fever" so it may have been a self fulfilling prophecy for her. lol