CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 6, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday - 3/6/09



1. Steve has a 3rd interview with this company next week. I don’t want to jinx it, so just keep a good thought!!

2. I’m really not enjoying having 2 two-year-old boys right now. The level of activity, neediness and whining is just incredibly difficult. Nothing will ever be as challenging as the twins’ first month, but this is running a close second. Sofia would watch television or play with toys at this age. They want none of that. They want me, me and only me. Or the opportunity to jump off the couch and dance on tables. There is no in between.

3. I’m secretly sort of freaking out that I got no bites from my job search. Not one. Not a single, solitary one. I feel like a big, fat loser, truth be told. It’s not good. I know my company’s business is significantly down and I’m hanging on by a thread to a job, so to have no bites at all on my resume is not only disheartening, but also scary. I’ve said it before; I’ll say it again. I do not like being a hunter/gatherer.

4. If my boss has to sell our house, she may give us the option to her 3BR/2.5 BA townhouse (the one that is on the market and not selling.) A 3 level townhouse? At first glance, not exactly a great fit for a family with 3 small children. At second glance, it’s a lot bigger than the house we live in and has all hardwood floors. I’m trying to wrap my head around the possibility, as it may become a reality. It’s walking distance to downtown, but not walking distance to the beach, as we are now.

5. I’m now on doxycycline after discontinuing the augmentin. I’ve been feeling a lot of muscle pain and headaches since starting it. Come to find out, the side effects of doxy are headaches and muscle pain! I think the sinus issue may be improving, but kind of hard to tell with the side effects clouding the issue. I shudder to think at the havoc all these meds are wreaking on my liver. On the brighter side, it’s given my skin the glow of a 30 year old!

6. We have another busy weekend planned,
but looking forward to most of it. I hope the boys can take the neediness down a notch, but I’m not holding my breath.

7. I’m really happy with all the connections I’m making on the coast. I hope we can find a way to stay there.

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Girl Next Door said...

Wow I am holding you in my prayers for all you have hanging out there. And yeah I do NOT miss the2-4 year old stages of twins. There's nothing else to describe it, not even "hard." Hugs to you - enjoy that weekend!

M's Mom said...

I think Mallory is joining the boys. Today has been HELL. I will cross my fingers for Steve.