CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

This 'n' That

I've been a neglectful blogger, I hate that. I like it when I get in a groove of writing something every day. Truth be told, I've been pretty overwhelmed with work, commuting and unpacking and haven't had the time I would like to devote to writing. Ah, well.

This week, I took the boys to their first playgroup in our new neighborhood yesterday. I joined the Coastside Mother's Club. They have lots of events, so I'm looking forward to participating in much of that. There were about 5 kids at the playdate, all boys and one girl. They ranged in age from 16-19 months and you guessed it, all of them are using some words. I am trying not to be a freak about this but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned.

The boys mostly grunt and point a lot. David did say "bye bye" yesterday, which is big, I suppose. Maybe being around kids their own age (other than each other, that is) will help in the speech department. We'll see.

Tomorrow is my 5th anniversary, hard to believe. I can't believe it's been 5 years and I have 3 kids. Never in my wildest dreams...

I had to single parent it this morning. Steve woke up at 6 a.m. to go fishing with a bunch of friends from high school. His 30th reunion (YIKES) is tomorrow and there are many people in town, getting together, etc. We are actually going, believe it or not, but we had to get the $$ babysitter. Ah well, it'll be nice to get out, dress up, have a nice dinner, etc. on our anniversary, right?

Anyway, I had to get all 3 kids dressed fed and out the door all by my lonesome. Then again, I usually do this anyway as Steve is either in the shower or on the can when most of this is going on, so there ya go. (TMI, I know)

***

File this in the "overheard at my house" file

Sofia "Mommy? Why did you make David's hair blonde??"

Me "Well, because he looks like me and I have blonde hair."

A look of utter puzzlement from Sofia. Understandable as my hair hasn't been blonde since she was 2 and she probably has no recollection of that. She does recognize me in wedding photos, which is something I suppose, considering I was 50 lbs lighter.

Oh yes, total brag...Sofia can now write an "A." So she can write an S, an O, an F, an I and an A, but she doesn't yet understand about them being in order and forming her name. She just puts them wherever they fit on the paper. Makes perfect sense!

No comments: