CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 26, 2008

The Sounds of Silence

It has been painfully quiet in my office all week. Painfully quiet. I haven't seen it this quiet since the late 90's when we only had 10 agents. We now have 50, but you'd never know it. The phone is dead, I'm not hearing the regular, punctured consonants of people's private conversations. I can hear myself breathing, the hummmmm of the air system and buzz of the fluorescent lights. The 2 staff people are twiddling their thumbs. This is typically the quiet period for real estate anyway, but boy, this emptiness in the air has me worried, I'm not going to lie. I have plenty of things to keep me looking busy, but if this keeps up, we will definitely be losing staff before November. It's not looking good.

No comments: