CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Muhhh-Buhhhh

So, it's official, we have *some* words. David is saying "Buhhhh" for birds and "Muhhh" for more. It has taken the neighborhood birds, apparently, to bring David to speak. He pitters into the living room, climbs up on the couch and lays his head down on the overstuffed pillows, watching the blackbirds who sit atop the electrical wires. He then points excitedly at the birds, waiting for the next door neighbor to offer them sustenance in the form of dried bread and popcorn all over our adjoining lawns. When they decide to fly down for their free breakfast, he excitedly chants "Muh Buhhhhhh!!!" in his nasally, toddler voice. I have to admit, it's pretty.darned.cute.

*******

I'm still adjusting to having a commute and was finding it challenging having less time at home alone to get things done. Previously, I lived a few blocks from my office. I would shoot home at lunch, throw in laundry, make beds, prepare food, eat lunch at home, you get the picture. Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled. I have been getting home at sometimes close to 6 p.m. with 3 cranky children waiting anxiously for me, ravenous and nap deprived, always a disastrous combination. By the time I got some macaroni and cheese/chicken nuggets/pasta pickups/pasta with butter/prepared food fill-in-the-blank in their highchair trays, then cleaned up the aftermath, bathed them and got them to bed, it was closing in on 8 p.m. I always need at least a few (3 is ideal) hours to myself in the evening and this was cutting in on that, big time. Me no likey.

I decided to leave 15 minutes earlier in the morning so I can leave at 5 p.m. and be home by 5:30. All I need is 20 minutes to throw on my jammies, get something made for the kids, straighten up, etc. before the onslaught.

So far, so good. It's a work in progress.

The boys have their 18 month well check appointment tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see what their weight are.

No comments: