CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brain Farts and Injuries

So I finally got my butt into the doctor's office to check my foot. I had sprained it a month ago (during the move) but hadn't had time to have it checked out. I figured it was sprained, there was nothing they could do and frankly, didn't have time to run around to appointments if all they were going to tell me was to ice it and elevate it. Today, it got really swollen again and has been aching, so I made the appt to go in. I had an xray and will find out results tomorrow. If it's a fracture, the xray will show this (unlikely) but if it's a soft tissue injury (likely) it won't show this. I've been referred to a podiatrist and will have to have an MRI. Ah, the fun just never ends!!

On a much happier note, I leave for Austin in a week!! This won't be Sofia's first airplane ride (there have been about 8) but it'll be the first she'll remember. She flew quite a bit as a toddler.

Oh yes, let's not forget my huge blonde moment of the day.

I made a point of blowdrying Sofia's hair and putting on a cute outfit for pre-school picture day. I asked the director if Sofia could attend today (it's not her regular day) as I wanted her photo taken, but didn't quite know how I'd have her there for 10 a.m. photos, then back to my sister in law's so I could turn back around and get to work. Fortunately, the director said they had room for her today.

I got an email from the director this afternoon. Picture day was not today, it's next Tuesday. To be fair, we both had brain farts (I specifically asked her if they could take Sofia today for picture day and she said yes), but it was still embaressing. I have forgotten to bring snack twice when I've signed up for it, so I feel like I'm skating on thin ice as it is. I honestly didn't have any excuses, just the usual trying to do too much.

Oh well, Sofia will just have to look cute again next week.

She has been laying down perfectly quiet for 10 minutes while I write this, I almost forgot she was there. She's watching Blues Clues. Is it wrong to use Steve from Blues Clues as a babysitter? Don't answer that.

No comments: