CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Your Pet Peeve

So, since we lost one staff person almost a month ago, I've taken on her job. During an active real estate market (which we are in the dire opposite of), this would be an overwhelming task. Handling all the in house marketing and listing coordination for 70+ listings kept her very busy. Right now, we have about 7 active listings and let me tell ya...they are not moving. So I don't mind the extra work, it's what I started out doing within the company and quite frankly, is old hat. I'm now in the process of interfacing with the marketing assistants in the other offices, coordinating our print and web advertising and making sure everything is in order.

I ask you, should it bother me that one of the marketing assistants replied to an email with "Your welcome?"

I try not to let that stuff bother me. Really, I do. If it was anyone else, I would just roll my eyes and laugh it off. It's a common mistake. But this is the individual who oversees her branch's marketing; writing verbiage for brochures, internet advertising, etc. so one would think she'd know the difference between your and you're. I'm no grammatical wizard - I tend to get lazy with comma usage and sentence structure, can get a little jiggy with the...purely out of laziness, I realize that. But I was an English Lit major and spelling has always been my thing. Seeing "your" is like nails on the chalkboard. Nails.on.the.chalk.board.

It's right up there with the aforementioned former Marketing Assistant referring to one of our publications as Homes and Lands. Lands. LANDS! Or when she called my pneuomonia "ammonia."

As my boss likes to say, they are the product of California public schools....but so am I!

Sigh. I'm in a pissy mood today. I just need to let it go.

No comments: