CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

Lists have been made. A hour by hour plan has been written up for tomorrow. For someone like me, who has serious ADD, this is a necessity or I'd never remember anything. I can now relax, sort of.

Today was spent working, running to Sofia's pre-school for Thanksgiving lunch, then running to Honey Baked Ham to pick up our feast. By that point, my feet were aching (thanks to the high heeled boots I'd worn) and I was soaking wet from the downpour of rain. People were anxiously waiting in lines 20 people deep, impatiently shifting from leg to leg, clutching pieces of note paper, coupons or their Blackberries. A half hour later, I stumbled up the wet street, weighed down with bags of ham, turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce, mustard, coleslaw & cheesecake. I literally cannot fit one more item in my fridge, it's ridiculous.

As I wind down the day, marveling at how much Michelle Obama rocks (and how flawless her makeup looks), I am starting to think about what I'm thankful for.

1. Happy, healthy kids (and mommy, now that I mention it). Last year was just so off the charts ridiculous with 4 hospitalizations, asthma attaacks and at least 10 ER visits. So far, this cold season has yielded one minor cold and we're 3 months in. We were at least on cold #4 last year at this time. I am hopeful that the kids immune systems got so blasted last year that they are now sporting immune systems of solid kryptonite.

2. The fact that we are living in a larger house and everyone seems to be transitioning well.

3. The fact that I have a job (for now) and that the prospect of losing my job (which is a possibility) doesn't fill me with fear but with a certain sort of ambivalence.

4. My wonderful, rock solid, loving husband. He can be ridiculous at times (case in point, recent Disneyland visit, going to bed donning IPOD, leaving me with 3 screaming kids) but overall, he's an amazing person and father and I am so lucky to have found him when I did. He and I share an embaressment of riches.

5. My big screen HDTV. :)

No comments: