CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

3 days and counting...

Sofia had an epic tantrum this morning when I would not let her wear a summer top to school. I am trying to be flexible with this stuff, but it was too small and 50 degrees out. Meanwhile, David refused to be anywhere but in my arms, crying the whole time. I think that boy has some hard core separation anxiety issues. He's always been like this - since about 6 months or so - but it seems to be getting worse. Once Sofia and Daddy left for pre-school, he was fine, so I think he really was just freaking out over the prospect of my leaving. Breaks my heart.

Suffice it to say this morning was less than fun.

It did improve, though. The boys had a playdate at a mom from the mom's club's house about 10 minutes north. She also has a 3 yr old and 16 month old, so that was cool. There were about 5 of us there, so 6 kids. It was so nice to take them somewhere just for them. Later, I get my highlights and haircut. Very looking forward to a little "me" time as there'll be none of that in the days ahead.

Laundry is moving, suitcases are half packed and lists are made, items checked off and at the risk of letting my control freak nature show - spreadsheets have been created. Yes, spreadsheets. I am a geek and a control freak, but I just think it's important we have a plan.

Welcome to my world. :)



No comments: