CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey Day, Here We Come

Wow, lots of hits from Mousepad!! Hello, my fellow Disney lovers!

I'm just a tangle of nerves as we're having 15 adults, 6 kids and one baby for Thanksgiving. For some *insane* reason, I volunteered. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to manage work, the kids and creating this feast. I suspect I've taken on too much, but that's the story of my life. Everyone is just going to have to roll with me. It will not be a full on, sit down affair as we don't have the table space for that. Casual buffet will be the order of the day.

It wouldn't be so bad, it's just my cousin, my aunt, cousin's wife and two adult children sort of invited themselves and that's added a whole new element to the preparations. I don't mind, I've spent many a holiday at their house - I'm just nervous now whereas I was not before. I feel I may be judged and don't particularly like that gnawing feeling.

I can't wait until Friday. I am planning on hitting Target early a.m. We.shall.see if that comes to fruition.

Today is Thanksgiving Lunch at Sofia's pre-school. I'm very much looking forward to it.

****

Once again, the news of cutbacks in my industry are coming down the pike. The title companies typically wine and dine the agents and us in order to generate business. We need something? We call the title company. For as long as I've been around, they've been our go-to people for any number of things. Well, times they are a changing. They are not allowed to provide to the agents most of the free services anymore. I suppose that makes sense, considering they are closing offices and having rounds and rounds of layoffs.

I did attend a company marketing meeting yesterday and did learn that our company is more than likely "ok," they are just incredibly conservative, so of course, are going to cut where necessary to avoid any problems. I am ok with that, as long as I have a job. In fact, I am considering asking if taking an unpaid leave of absence is out of the question. :)

No comments: