CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Resolution...at last!

So it's official. We are moving.

We're moving to the coast (a small, desirable, eclectic area about 20 minutes from me "over the hill"), which I have mixed feelings about. Very excited as it's a great family house. A little anxious because it's literally steps to the ocean. Anyone who has known me for a while is familiar with my love (yes, that's sarcasm) of fog and all things ocean related. I grew up in a coastal town and have had a lifelong fear of the ocean. In fact, I have had a recurring dream since childhood that the ocean is chasing me.

Psychoanalysis aside, this is a good thing. The upside? We'll have 3 bedroom, bath and a family room, a large yard. The downside? I'll now have a 20-30 minute commute. I currently have a 5 minute commute, so this is going to mean I will really need to have my act together. No more going home and lunch and getting dinner ready, tidying up, throwing in some laundry. Still, I think the good far outweighs the bad.

So, I've been perusing craigslist for used furniture and boy, what a trip that is. Every once in a while, you will stumble upon a gem, but mostly it is just people trying to offload their dated, atrocious junk.

Looking at it makes me want to put on some Cyndi Lauper and have some Tang.
Seriously,
people? Have you not heard of Goodwill????

Cases in point.

A lovely kitchen table, circa 1982 - asking $175



Something out of a doctor's office for $150



All that you ever wanted in a couch for only $125



Another kitchen set circa One Day At A Time

No comments: