CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Move Day 4

First of all, for anyone who's had a c/s...Julie from A Little Pregnant has a great post about her recent cesarean. Man alive, that girl has a way with words.

***

So we are officially moved in. There are many loose items back at the house, but they'll come with time. Hoping to get the other house completely emptied, cleaned, painted, etc. in a month. This is going to be a huge challenge.

I'm so tired right now, I can't even tell you. Sofia just passed out next to me (the house is in dissaray, so I'm just letting her sleep with me for now). Still lots of organizing and unpacking to do. I came to the verge of a complete, mental breakdown earlier when I was alone with all 3 kids. Let me set the scene: Moving boxes everywhere, some with items, some empty, no babyproofing done, cables sticking out of the wall just begging to be tugged. Note to self, baby proof before bringing in the team. Finally, I put together the pack and plays and got them to bed. I then immediately had a beer. I'm not even a beer drinker, but it seemed like the thing to do. I then set Sofia up with the laptop and a DVD of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It was the only thing I could find.

The first night in a new house always feels weird. New smells, sounds - or lack thereof - the quiet is deafening! Of course, that will change at 7 a.m. tomorrow. I'm embaressed to admit how hard it is for me without a television. Thank god for the internet!

No comments: