CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

It costs a lot to have young hair

So I decided a few weeks ago that I needed to go back to some semblance of blonde. I was born, natural color is dirty blonde, but I have played with some version of blonde since age 13 (from Sun-In to Frost and Tip and full head bleach) and colored it auburn last October in an attempt to try a change, something easier to maintain.

I loved it at first, but I noticed that much of my grey was showing, whereas before it hadn't been. Ignorance is bliss...So yesterday, I visited my shi-shi salon and spent $230 to get highlights, lowlights and cut. It's not really blonde, but sort of reddish with blondish highlights, which is what I expected. It's going to be a process and next time, I'll be more blonde and so on. Of course, when I asked Sofia if she liked it, she said "Yes!" When I asked her what color it was, she said "Orange." Not exactly the answer I was looking for.

The worst part was my stylist insinuating that the darker hair made me look older. *Gulp* I was like, "Get me back to blonde, pronto!!" That was the first time someone even mentioned anything in relation to my looks and age and it was not a nice feeling. Oh wait, I take that back. A few weeks ago, Dianna's sister (who works in a natural food store) gave me some moisturizer she recommends. I take it that was also a little sign.

But I digress...back at the salon, I watched one of their master cutters working on a cut, the severe A line bob where it's much longer in the front and stacked in the back with fascination. I was never great at cutting and marvel at those who are. Color and finished style was my thing. I have contemplated getting that cut several times in the last few months and am still thinking about it. I guess I am worried that I'm too fat to pull off that cut, but then I see stylish overweight women with it and looking pretty cute. I don't know, we'll see if I have the nerve.

Now that I have a more sunny look, I feel totally pale. I used some self tanner and am taking a moment to sit in the sun right now (skin damage be damned). Clothes are drying, banana muffins just taken out of the oven, Sofia at swim lessons and the boys sleeping...Good times.

No comments: