CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 8, 2008

A Big Day

So after 2 consecutive nights of drinking, I was in much pain yesterday.

All 3 kids didn't care much about my state and woke up bright and early, ready for action, demeanding pancakes, milk, yogurt, oatmeal. Thank god it was pre-school day for Sofia. In fact, it was her first day as a "Dinosaur" (the 2nd level in her school) and should have been an exciting day. As it was, I could barely get my act together enough to make her lunch. I had a brief moment of panic when I thought I was supposed to bring snack. That may have sent me over the edge.

I spent most of the boys' nap time cleaning the house, doing 5 loads of laundry and dishes. All the stuff I'd let slide early in the week when I was out carousing.

Mid afternoon, we packed the boys up in the minivan and visited the aunt at her resthome. We sure know how to have a good time, the boys and I. After a five minute period of being scared witless, they came to love the resthome, flirting with the octagenarians and making their sneapkers squeak as they ran across the hospital grade floors. Good times.

Then, it was off to the park. The boys played in the sandbox for the first time ever. They were really getting into it, despite William's insistence that he hit David repeatedly over the head with a shovel. They were all about pounding the shovels on things, but I was happy they were contained in the sandbox. They also learned the ins and outs of climbing and slides.

Oh yes - and I am pretty sure David said "Cheese." (Tchthsheeee)

All in all, a big day.

Some shots of the boys just hanging out at home.





Future musician?

No comments: