CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 19, 2007

You are on Stage


As god as my witness - this conversation just occured this evening.

Sofia - pointing to cereal box on top of fridge "Get me Mickey Mouse! I want mickey mouse! It's mine."

I am a bit taken aback at her tone and don't respond.

"Get me mickey mouse now!" Stands on chair.

Me -- "Get down from the chair immediately."

She sits down.

Me -- "Ya know Sofia, I don't think I like your tone."

She looks at me point blank and without batting a lash, says " "I don't think I like your tone eye-derrr!"

Exsqueeze me?

What the.....????

When exactly did I lose complete control?

This is not good, not good at all. I look at her and see her evolving into a little dictator and it's troubling me. I think I know where the sass is coming from, which is the worst part. Lately, all I do is bark orders at everyone, I'm so freakin' stressed out and harried all the time. Clearly, she my little sassbucket is mimicking mommy. What a trip to see your less than desirable behavior mirrored in your little girl. I think I need to take my bossiness down a notch. I need to be extremely conscious of my own tone, my words, the level of my voice, my off the charts control freak demeanor.

It makes me wonder, if she's sassing me now, what will she be like at 3, 5, 10, god forbid 13?????????????????????

So early New Year's Resolution...takin' it down a notch...be a nicer person...as Disney would say "You are on Stage!"

No comments: