CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 30, 2007

And the hits just keep on coming...


Soifa is doing ok, not great, but alright.

So yesterday, noticed that the boys were wheezing pretty badly, so took them in today only to discover they also have ear infections and asthma. We did nebulizer treatmenets and have a machine at home now. I have asthma myself, so feel really badly about this as well.

So, giving the twins nebulizer treatments was in a word, horrible. William screamed through the the whole treatment and David started out ok, but then screamed even more than William had, to the point of my having to hold his arms down. Poor baby. William sounds really bad, even after the treatment, but his oxygen level was ok, so we go back tomorrow. I'm not sure what will happen if he's not better.


One funny thing in the midst of all this...Sofia called the nebulizer a "washing machine."


On a lighter note, David is standing!! I call him scrappy! (video here http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dw1PuPRnsuI)


Also, a very funny incident in the pedi's office...I've only been a parent for a little over 2 years, but what happened today was definitely the funniest thing that has happened as of yet in my little parenting world. At the pediatrician's, we had to weigh the boys (William is a whole lb more than David, which I suspected) So, we weigh William first and Steve is holding him as I place David on the scale, with Sofia at his side. I'm intently looking at David's weight when I hear a shriek of unprecedented magnitude. I turn to find Sofia, her entire face dripping wet and crying as if she was in unimaginable physical pain. William had peed on Sofia, a straight shot into her face. I should have tried to comfort my completely freaked out daughter, but I was too busy laughing hysterically. I literally could.not.stop.laughing.


People were staring at us, as they do anyway in the "oh my god, those poor people" way, but now they were staring because we were making a scene. I mean, my daughter was shrieking and I was laughing uncontrollably, I'm sure people were like what a bunch of nutjobs. Sofia just added to the scene by yelling at the top of her lungs "No Weeyam! No pee over ME!" It took a good 5 minutes to calm her down, I think the whole thing was pretty traumatic for her...understandable...don't think she expected that and I suspect some of it got in her eye


I have a feeling we are going to be hearing about this for many months to come....


I knew when Sofia started preschool that this could happen, that we'd get slammed with the sickies, but I honestly didn't think it would be this bad. If she didn't love it so much, I'd seriously reconsider sending her. This is all a bit much, this constantly sick thing. Steve is also sick and I'm feeling like I may be the next one in line (I just got through my own sickness and astha exacerbation) No one said this was going to be easy!!


No comments: