CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

And yet more sickies

So yeahhhhhh....another day, another kid sick...

Sofia was coughing really badly last night and also coming down with yet another cold. The poor thing was coughing so much (a dry cough, which I can attest is the worst kind) and having a hard time sleeping, crying in her sleep, etc. Around 10 pm I said to Steve "I can't take it anymore, I'm taking her to the emergency." By the time I got dressed, she'd fallen back asleep, so I let her sleep. As I had an appt for myself this morning, I just brought her with me and called her pedi when they opened, explained the situation and after a little begging, they agreed to squeeze her in. Thank goodness they did. They took her temp and she had a 102 temp. I was shocked as she didn't even feel warm to me!! Turns out the poor thing has pneumonia and a raging ear infecftion. The pedi said he was shocked that she hadn't complained of ear pain as it was bulging like "a piece of bubble gum." So she's on zythromax and at home with daddy, who is also sick.

I swear, it's not funny at all, but I just have to laugh at the illness fairies that have descended upon my life. I managed to go 2 years with almost no illness and now it's just been constant for 8 months, surely to continue. I've just accepted the reality of someone being sick all the time. People tell me I'm being negative and I just laugh. Just call me Negative Nelly. *eye roll*

No comments: