CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm just sayin'

Ok, so a few weeks ago, Sofia kept saying that some kid pushed her at school. "Gavino pushed me!" she exclaimed. I was like "Who? Gavino?" convinced that she was mangling the kids name. But Sofia's pretty articulate, so I finally realized that she did, in fact, mean, Gavino. So, apparently this "Gavino" character pushed her and she "Fall dowwwwwwwwwwwwwn" I am not sure what happened or if she was hurt in any way, but it didn't seem like it. I was like "who is this Mafioso bully that is pushing my kid?" (Relax - I'm Italian, I can say that.)

So, the next time I went to the school, I checked the roster and sure enough, there was indeed a Gavino listed. On Halloween, I met this Gavino kid. He looked exactly as I'd pictured him. A cross between Tony Soprano and Charlie Brown. He was a 49er football player for Halloween, complete with shaved head and pants hanging down his butt. He's 2, by the way. His parents were not at the Halloween parade and the teachers had all they could do to keep him in line during the proceedings.

So, today, I saw Gavino's parents. At the risk of sounding elitist, his dad was even worse than I imagined. Definitely a bit rough around the edges, like someone Dog the Bounty Hunter would be hunting down. Tattoos, two sizes too large Ben Davidson pants with chains hanging off of them, a black ski cap pulled tightly over his head, long underwear with a tee shirt over it...you get the idea. Gavino's daddy is a thug. Big shocker there. Again, don't mean to sound like a snob, but the kid pushed my girl...I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, I'm just sayin'...

No comments: