CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oh boy, OH BOY!



So this climbing thing has gone into overdrive. The boys went from 0-60 in about one day. I have spent the better part of the day removing them from precarious situations. At one point, David got caught in a drawer - that he was trying to climb up. I turned on the vacuum cleaner and apparently, he was so profoundly frightened that he toddled to the bedroom and was trying to climb on to the dresser to get away from the noise. I found him crying hysterially.

Also, William learned how to climb up on to the couch. He was pretty darn proud of himself, let me tell you. David tried in earnest to copy his every move, but alas my little nugget's little legs were too short. William did try to stand on the couch, I told him to sit down and he listened for the most part. He's gotten very good at getting down off of things backwards. Amazing how quickly they learn.

I am definitely going to have to do some major baby proofing here. I never had to do it with Sofia. We just cordoned off certain parts of the house. She never climbed things, opened drawers, got through the gate, climbed up dressers or onto tables. This is new territory for me, this boy thing and I am now beginning to understand why people laughed and offered sympathy when I told them I was having 2 boys.

On a Sofia note...she drew an F today!! Repeatedly! I was shocked. Granted, it looked more like a tic tac toe, but I got the idea. She asked if I wanted her to make one, so I said, sure. And there it was. I guess she learned it at school. I was very proud. She also came home with the same panties and pants as this morning, so yey to that.

Tomorrow we leave to visit the BIL and cousins for the weekend. Should be fun.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Just came to leave a hug!! You have a lot on you right now and I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you!