CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 20, 2008

3 for the Price of One Doctor Visit

Good news:

So the potty sticker chart thing is continuing to go well. Sofia has stayed dry 2 days in pre-school, pooped on the potty every day and even stayed dry for a 45 minute drive to San Francisco, both ways. I do have a little Baby Bjorn potty seat to keep in the car, just in case, fully prepared to have Steve pull over if necessary. We need to get one of those piddle pads to protect the carseat (making mental note).

Bad news:

I think we are giving the boys wayyyyy too much milk. Doc said no more than 24 oz per day and I thought about it and realized that between wake-up at 7, breakfast and coming to the docs, they'd each already had 24 oz by noon. Yikes. They eat a lot (well, mostly William does) but I suspect they might even more if I cut down on their milk intake. I think it's becoming a habit for them, sucking on the bottle. If we switched to sippies, they'd probably drink less milk. Then again,I don't want David to miss out on any calories, so jeez, what to do.

The problem is they refuse all sippies. I have tried every sippy on the market; Playtex, Nubies, Target brand, etc. They take a sip and throw the sippy on the floor. We even tried the Born Free bottles (kind of a bottle/sippy hybrid) that are $13 each and that one flying through the air too. I guess we're just going to have to go cold turkey on the bottles and they'll just adjust.

All had shots. The boys cried bloody murder, satiated only by a ba of milk, Sofia didn't.even.flinch. That girl is one tough cookie. (that's my side :P)

Their stats

Sofia (3 years, 2 months)
Weight: 33 lbs (66th %tile)
Height: 37.5 inches tall (48th %tile)

William (15 mo) my tank (these percentiles throw me because he's such a chunk and solid) Weight: 22 lbs 6 oz (19th %tile)
Height: 30 inches (14th %tile)
Head circumference: 51 inches (greater than 97%tile - no shocker there)

David (15 mo) - My little nugget
Weight: 20 lbs 3 oz (3rd %tile)
Height: 29.5 inches (6th %tile)
Head circumference: Can't remember!! But it was WAYYYY smaller than William's.

No comments: