CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Playdates and House Stuff

So my head is swimming in preparation for all this involved in getting our house on the market.

Spoke to my boss today about a timeline. Met with the lender again this morning, getting started on the pre approval process (to buy after we sell).

I did decide we are going to stay in the house while it's on the market. There's no telling how long it will take and we can't afford to throw the amount of money necessary on interim housing, especially without knowing what the interim will be. We will simply have to have restricted hours or by appointment only - not my first choice, but really the only thing that is going to work.

Fortunately, most weekdays we are all gone at work, so shouldn't be an issue. We will be getting rid of most of our existing stuff, living in a staged house. I am a bit nervous about this aspect - but trying not to stress out too much. I figure with the money I am saving on interim housing, I can splurge, have it painted, etc. and have it professionally cleaned weekly, which will take much of the stress off of me.

We gave my boss an approximate timeline of having the house semi empty-ish by July 15th. Hopefully to market by August. We shall see, we shall see.

Reading over the loan app is so daunting, I can't even tell you. I'm in the business and it's overwhelming me.

The twins' playdate yesterday was really nice, I'm glad I went. It was in a very posh neighborhood about 20 minutes south of me (and when I say posh, I mean 3 million dollar homes). The woman had a park like yard (15 sq ft lot -- looked it up -- one of the perks of my biz) and could not have been nicer. She had her nanny in attendance, as did a few of the other mothers - if that gives you any indication of the dynamic. That said, they were all incredibly sweet and welcoming, particularly the hostess.

As I had only corresponded via email with the hostess, I was curious as to the correct pronunciation of her name - Ja'Nien. JA-NEE-YEN? JA-NYUHNN? I spent almost too much time than I'd care to admit pondering this one.

I was picturing an exotic, sophisticated brunette, but was greeted by a perky, short blonde named "JA-NEEN" from L.A. Ohhhhh. Janine. Alrighty then!

The boys did well, considering this was their first attempt at socializing with babies their own age. The mostly gnoshed on cheerios and goldfish, then climbed atop two baby lawn chairs. Climbing is their new favorite pasttime.

There were a few women there who live closer to me and also had 3 year olds in addition to their twins. They all encouraged me to bring Sofia to the next playdate, so I may. I'm not sure I want to take that on as she's been such a pill lately, but we'll see. I'm definitey glad I went and will go again. It's a perfect day and a perfect time, so can't ask for much more than that.

No comments: