CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Her mother's daughter

So apparently the e. coli strain I had is multi drug resistant, meaning it's resistant to most oral antibiotics. I am on Bactrim, which is the one they say should work. Should. It seems to be, so fingers crossed that continues to be the case.

***
So we're having some behavioural issues with Sofia. She is being incredibly disobedient, tantruming, talking back, etc. Time outs are not working. Positive reinforcement (what little there is of it) is not working. Distraction is not working. This kid is stubborn, she is her mother's daughter and a fellow Taurus. (My nickname growing up -well into my twenties- was "Testa Dura" which means hard in the head in Italian...you get the picture)

My simple analysis of the situation is a) the inconsistency in her schedule and b) competing for attention with the twins and c) the natural burgeoning independence that comes with being a 3 year old.

The fact that I've identified the root of the problem doesn't seem to help the situation. Our schedule isn't likely to change anytime soon. I always manage to make special time for Sofia and at least 2-3 times a week. In fact, if anyone needs more attention, it's the twins. They always seem to get the short end of the stick and it breaks my heart at times.

I guess all I can really do is ride it out, try to keep things as consistent as possible and make sure my attention is distributed as evenly as possible, within reason. So, basically doing what I am doing, which obviously isn't working. lol.

No one ever said this was going to be easy.

No comments: