CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

House 'o' Tauruses


So Mother's Day. One would think it would be kind of a big deal around my house. Notsomuch.


I did receive a card and a little trinket Sofia made in preschool and that was quite enough. What did I really want? Honestly? A big screen TV.


Truth be told, there's been a lot going on. With our trifecta of birthdays (Sofia 4/25, me 5/1 and Steve 5/9) it's been a whirlwind of a month. By the time Mother's Day hits, I am ready for a nap. It was the same last year and I suspect it will be this way every year. Just call us the House 'o' Tauruses.


I remember my first official Mother's day in 2005. It fell on or near my birthday, if I recall. It was a gorgeous spring day and I was in sheer bliss with my beautiful, long desired, baby girl. My friend brought me white cake with whipped cream frosting and strawberries, my favorite kind. And champagne! I was breastfeeding and on Vicodin for the c/s, but I remember taking a few sips and thinking how happy, how truly fulfilled I was. That was a good Mother's Day.


This year, we all just hung around the house, which was nice too. I checked out some storage places for pricing, bought moving boxes at Home Depot and did a bit of cleaning. This is my life now and I have no complaints.

No comments: